Are you looking for an edgy hairstyle that will set you apart from the crowd? Tired of blunt haircuts? Why not try an asymmetrical bob?
Asymmetrical bob and asymmetrical pixie cuts have become extremely popular in the last few years for those who want to embrace a more daring hairstyle. They can be very subtle with just a bit of a difference in the length. Or they can be dramatic with one side cropped short and the other long. If this sounds appealing to you, keep reading to find out why this cut is all the rage.
What Exactly Is An Asymmetrical Bob?
Bob haircut is a hairstyle that is longer on one side of the head than the other. You could even shave or buzz one side and leave the other drastically longer. The possibilities abound. This look is ideal for those who are looking for a bold new look.
Love your fringe? No worries, you can still rock your bangs with an asymmetrical hairstyle! You can choose from long bangs, slit cut bangs, side bangs, diagonal bangs, and even baby bangs.
Pros of Asymmetrical Bob Haircuts
Not sure if this look is right for you. Here are some reasons to go for an asymmetrical hairstyle.
- If you are looking to add more texture of volume to fine or thin hair, an asymmetrical cut will make your hair look fuller. Adding some highlights or ombre hues can add volume and dimension to this trendy style.
- An asymmetrical cut is a perfect solution for those who are torn between short and long hairstyles. Asymmetrical hairstyles range from pixies to chin-length bobs or shoulder-length cuts and even longer hairstyles. As well, you can buzz or shave one side to give it even more of an edgy vibe.
- One of the best things about this look is that you can play around with different hair colors. From bold and daring colors to soft highlights, you won’t run out of ways to color your hair.
- Another plus of an asymmetrical cut is that they look amazing on any hair texture from wavy to curly to poker straight. And you will still have the ability to pull the long side back if you wish to do so.
Tips for Styling an Asymmetrical Bob Haircut
- If you wish to draw more attention to the length difference between the two sides of your hair, try tucking your hair behind your ear. This looks especially stunning if you let the other side fall seductively over your face for a sexy and dramatic effect.
- Pro Tip: Do not have your hair cut into an asymmetrical haircut unless it is dry first. This is especially important for those with curly or wavy tresses. Hair appears longer than it is when wet so you could end up with a different length than you had originally desired.
- For an avant-garde look, ask for razored ends! As well, get one size buzzed or shaved for an even more stunning look. And why not go for a trendy and colorful hair tattoo to make your asymmetrical bob stand out even more!
A deep side part will make your asymmetrical cut look very glamorous. Add a clip and tuck your hair back behind one ear for a classic style.